Friday, July 8, 2011

33 Minutes or 108 minutes or 2 hours


The itzbeen rocks. I know that my mom and my mother-in-law and every other mother on the planet that raised a child before the itzbeen was invented think that we are a little obsessed with this gadget and the thing is maybe we are. But it totally works. My brain can hardly form sentences let alone remember the last time I fed my kid or how long he has been sleeping for.

The thing is I have started to live in 2 hour increments. Feed, change, sleep, repeat. I am starting to feel like I am living in the Battlestar Galactica Episode 33, having to jump into faster than light every 33 minutes. or maybe in the hatch on Lost having to push a button every 180 minutes lest the island will explode.

I just realized that I only have about 45 minutes until HJM starts screaming for his bottle and that I am the biggest nerd alive having just wrote that I feel like I am living in two sci-fi shows when referring to raising my newborn son. Long live nerds!



No comments:

Post a Comment